Monday, July 4, 2011

Georgia peach

All I can say is WOW! Way way back, in the portfolio building days I jumped at the chance to shoot a sporting event. Rachel had asked me to take some soccer pics of her daughter Christin. It was a great experience and my first chance to use Jimmy's 80-200 2.8 lens.

Well, just recently Rachel contacted me about a portrait session for this same shy preteen. As I approached the shoot I went over the usual thoughts to prepare. I thought, how will I open the petals of this shy little flower.

Was I in for a big surprise... our flower had blossomed, and this session was all about that amazing transformation from little girl to young woman. I was speechless for several minutes. All I could think of was that pony tail little girl in her blue soccer jersey, biting her lip and pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose.

Now, in front of my lens was a confident and beautiful smile, mature bangs and highlights, and curves!
How could you go wrong with a jump point like that!?






No comments:

Post a Comment