Sunday, July 3, 2011

Big Red Barn

When photography becomes a serious part of your life you begin to look at things in a very different way. You begin to look at the world through light... the quality, quantity, and color. Although my husband and I moved into our current home about 5 years ago, I did not notice the Big Red Barn until photography took over my creative side. Every day on my way to and from work, I would pass an old country chicken farm and not even realize what a jewel was right in my own back yard!

It finally caught my eye this spring as I was watching the world through the windshield in that magical "golden hour" that is just perfect for portraits. Amidst the tall new green grass, stood the slightly weathered but proud structure. It was facing west and the sun was just going down... it hit me instantly and almost became an obsession, "I must build up the courage to knock on their door, I must do a session with that barn!"

Finally, the perfect opportunity presented itself, and I knocked...










No comments:

Post a Comment